Podcast Website Launchpad
Learn How To Create & Launch Your Podcast Website
I'm currently in the process of completely updating and re-recording this course.
It is not available to purchase right now, but if you're on the Podcast Insights email list you'll be the first to know when it's available again.
You need a “home base” for your podcast.
If you’re a podcaster (or even a YouTuber, speaker, teacher, consultant, etc.) you need a place that you own, not something that is owned by Google, Facebook, Apple, or any other company.
We’ve all seen how organic reach continues to decline on Facebook and Google is showing more ads, making organic search less visible.
Sure, those platforms are great, you just can’t rely on only those platforms.
Having a place to send people that shows you in a good light and that can provide more information is essential for continued growth:
- It’s much easier to share a website or blog post than a podcast episode
- You can get people to sign up for your email list so you can let them know about new episodes (not everyone will subscribe to your podcast)
- You can offer products, services, or affiliate offers through your site
- It’s a great place to continue the conversation with your audience through comments, voicemails, or emails.
- It will be easier for people to find additional episodes
Did you know that for many podcasts, around 50% of people listen on their desktop computers? And usually that is done through the podcast's website, not iTunes.
By using WordPress and creating your site from proven design templates, you’ll stand out from other podcasters that just use the limited templates included with many podcast hosts (nothing against them, but they’re specialty is podcast hosting, not website hosting and design)
In this self-paced course, I’ll walk you through all the technical (don’t worry, it won’t be that scary) details step-by-step to show you how to create a podcast website that you own with your own podcast RSS feed (that’s the thing you submit to iTunes).
You’ll have the ability to customize your website as much - or as little - as you need.
You’ll be a great fit for this course if:
- You know what you want your podcast to be about (or will soon), but need help creating a WordPress website.
- You already have a podcast, but you want to move away from the limited template options that many of the podcast hosts provide.
- You already have a WordPress blog, but you want to learn how to set it up for podcasting right the first time - and what the best plugins are to take your site to the next level (I’ve tested hundreds)
I’ve been building WordPress websites for over 8 years, and have used nearly every decent plugin and theme out there. You’ll get my professional recommendations that keep your site fast, looking great, and SEO-friendly.
Other all-in-one solutions run over $100/month - that’s $1200 a year - and many times you still need to purchase additional plugins and features.
You know podcasting will let you:
- Spread your message & reach more people
- Grow your business (or turn into one)
- Connect with your fans & followers (and turn them into advocates)
- Help you promote “that thing”
Don’t let building a website stop you from growing your podcast...
What's included? Glad you asked!
We'll start with Initial Website Setup including:
- getting a domain name
- website hosting
- and making sure it's all connected properly.
Then we'll go over WordPress setup (many people get this wrong) and show you how to add and customize to your heart's content.
You'll learn all about posts, pages, widgets, menus, and more.
Next I'll show the best Plugins to further customize and enhance your site, without slowing it down (careful, some plugins will make your site really slow - or worse - but I've done that research for you)
You'll not only learn what the best Plugins are, but how to install and and customize them correctly.
We'll go over:
- email collection
- social sharing
- Google Analytics
- website backups
and a bunch more...
Then there is a section dedicated to podcast setup, including podcast hosting, RSS feed setup, and getting on iTunes!
There might be some bonus email marketing tips as well ;)
There is a comment section on each lesson where you can ask questions too.
Ross has been involved in the online marketing and WordPress space for over 8 years. He has worked for marketing agencies, national franchises, and small businesses helping them build and improve their websites.
He has consulted with countless number of podcasters to help them launch successfully - and have a solid platform to grow.
When he's not teaching, you'll find him hanging out with his 3 puppies or training his horses.
Frequently Asked Questions
My team is not very tech savvy so the content in this course was perfect to help us greatly improve our podcast website... thanks Ross!
— Patrick from the WGG Podcast